Voted Best Pet Store in Essex County!
Brookdale Pet Center has been a member of the community since 1994 servicing customers by providing pet food and supplies for dogs, cats, fish, reptiles, birds and small animals like rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters. Specializing in natural and holistic products, we focus on providing every animal with the highest quality of life by closely mimicking the native habitats and instincts of each individual pet. Through education and a wide selection of products, we hope to provide every customer with the necessary tools to keep their four-legged, finned or feathered family members happy and healthy.
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about life!
- Part-time to possible full-time.
- Assist in learning and reinforcing policies and management of day to day tasks.
- Share responsibility for the well-being of foster animals.
- Shift managers will be team leaders when other managers are not present.
- Act as team members when needed.
Working with pets and helping pet owners can be very rewarding but is also very physically and mentally demanding. Team member tasks will include animal care (feeding, cleaning and socializing), customer service (cashier, assistance, answering questions), inventory management (unpacking deliveries, inventory, a lot of moving things around), and general cleaning of the store. Be prepared to be on your feet and on the move the entire time.
This job will also include closely working with management to develop and execute business and marketing plans. This is also an opportunity to learn and grow in our company.
2+ years retail or customer service experience
Flexible schedule and ability to work weekends
You must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
You must be able to carry 50 lbs up and down stairs.
You must be able to handle animals and insects.
We are looking for a special individual that has the following qualities:
- B right and cheery with a healthy lifestyle
- R eliable, responsible and organized
- O pen-minded, experience is not needed but be quick to learn
- O utgoing personality comfortable with customer care
- K ind-hearted and caring for all living things
- D etail-oriented, follows directions accordingly and takes pride in a job well done
- A ppreciative, thankful and humble
- L oving and positive attitude
- E nergetic and works well in an upbeat environment
- P unctual, punctual, punctual and punctual. Did we mention punctual?
- E ven-tempered, level-headed, sensible and able to handle stressful situations
- T imely and able to perform tasks quickly and carefully
We promise to provide:
- C ompetitive pay
- E ducation and knowledge in pet care
- N ourishment towards your personal goals
- T asks that bring fulfillment
- E ncouragement and support
- R ewarding career in pet care and customer service